Google+ » Family Based Visas Law Office of Irwin M. Avelino

Green Card Through Marriage

Eligibility for a Green Card Through Marriage In order for your spouse to get a green card through marriage, you must be either a U.S. citizen or green card holder. How to Obtain A Green Card Through Marriage For Your Spouse As a citizen or lawful permanent resident of the United States, you may help your spouse […]

I-751 Waiver of the Joint Filing Requirement

The information in this article does not constitute legal advice. You should not submit anything to the immigration services without first talking to an immigration attorney or another legal representative. Please be aware that the most important thing in this process is your personal safety. Never put yourself or your family in danger in order […]

I-751, Petition to Remove the Conditions of Residence for Spouses and Children

Introduction Immigration law imposes an initial two-year period of conditional residence on certain spouses and dependent children who obtain immigration status based on a marriage to a U.S. citizen or LPR.  The laws establish a detailed procedure for removing this condition, which begins with the timely filing of a petition with fee, and extends through the appearance at […]

Fiancé(e) Visa

Illustrative Example John and Sharon were friends and batch mates at De La Salle University in Manila, Philippines.  Soon after graduation, John immigrated with his parents to the United States and Sharon started working for an engineering firm in Makati City. Busy working on their careers, a few years went by without any contact between […]

Family Based Petitions

Real Life Examples Because the laws and procedures in obtaining permanent residency for your family members are so complex, I think it may be very helpful to you if I illustrate the process by way of real-life examples. Disclaimer. The following is intended only to give you a general idea of the topic.  It is […]